Building relationships with clients is what drives us. We utilize a broad spectrum of risk and investment products to help our clients achieve financial goals for themselves, their families and their business.
Our Special Care Team assists families that are caregivers for individuals with special needs. Our team approach helps ensure proper life care planning for the individual with special needs and their caregiver. We provide education, resources and financial solutions for families so they can focus on caregiving.
Special Care Planners works with you and your professional advisors – your banker, accountant or financial planner, lawyer, social workers and health care providers – to review your financial picture and offer options that make sense for your situation.
The Special Care Planner receives advanced training and information in estate and tax planning concepts, special needs trusts, government programs, and the emotional dynamics of working with people with disabilities and other special needs and their families.
If you are caring for a person with a disability or other special need—a spouse, a child, sibling, dependent parent or other relative or friend—we can help. The SpecialCareSM program, developed exclusively by Massachusetts Life Insurance Company (MassMutual), is an innovative outreach initiative that provides access to information, specialists, and financial products and services that can help improve the quality of life for people with disabilities and other special needs and their families and caregivers. By following a person-centered life care planning process, you can keep the person with a disability or other special need as the primary focus, and develop a life care plan that helps enable that person to obtain the best quality of life possible.
Call out: A life care plan is a coordinated program of social, medical, financial, and legal strategies for people with disabilities and their families that continually changes to adapt to the needs of the individual throughout his or her life.
- The Special Care Planner receives advanced training and information in estate and tax planning concepts, special needs trusts, government programs, and the emotional dynamics of working with people with disabilities and other special needs and their families. The certificate program is offered by The American College in Bryn Mawr, PA, exclusively for MassMutual Financial Services Representatives.
- Chartered Special Needs Consultant (ChSNC®) — a professional designation awarded to those individuals who’ve completed 120 hours of academic classes in addition to holding either Chartered Life Underwriter (CLU), Chartered Financial Consultant (ChFC) or Certified Financial Planner (CFP) designations and previously completing the Special Care Planner certification program. The ChSNC designation was developed by The American College in Bryn Mawr, Pennsylvania. The certification program and the professional designation evolved from MassMutual’s SpecialCareSM Program.
For Family Advisors
If you have clients who are caring for a person with a disability or other special needs—a child, a spouse or a dependent parent—our SpecialCare SM program can help by providing access to information, specialists, and financial solutions.
This can help your client:
- find information and contacts related to health care issues,
- learn more about earning and supplementing an income,
- create a safe and accessible living environment,
- find needed special equipment,
- obtain educational assistance, and;
- enhance personal independence.
Through our SpecialCareSM Program, MassMutual helps make a difference in the quality of life for people with disabilities and other special needs and their families and caregivers.