Vicky DeShazier is a Financial Advisor with WestPoint Financial Group. She is passionate about building long lasting relationships with her clients and striving to help them achieve their financial goals.
As a financial advisor, Vicky assists her clients with their insurance and investments needs as well as financial planning. Her primary areas of focus include retirement planning, long term care planning as well as working with business owners to protect and plan for their business. She is also passionate about working with women and being an advocate for their financial education and understanding of their wealth.
Vicky’s has 30 years of experience in a variety of areas across the financial services industry. Prior to joining WestPoint, she spent time working at MetLife, Chase Bank, and Morgan Stanley. There she built relationships and helped numerous clients get to and through retirement.
Vicky believes in continuing to improve herself in her industry and earned the professional designation of the Life Underwriter Training Council Fellow (LUTCF) from the American College. Other professional achievements include:
- Named Five Star Wealth Manager* (2013- 2019)
- Recognized by Marquis Who’s Who & featured in their 2020 publication
- Massachusetts Mutual Life Insurance Company (MassMutual) Leader’s Conference Qualifier- 2019
- Recognized in Fortune Magazine’s Women and Wealth article for her achievement as a Five Star Wealth Manager and featured in their November 2020 publication
She is also an active member in her community & industry and belong to the following organizations:
- National Association of Insurance and Financial Advisors (NAIFA)
- The Salvation Army Ray and Joan Kroc Community Center Chicago, Volunteer
- Chicago African American Firefighters Museum, Past Treasurer
- University Church Chicago
- MassMutual Regional Advisory Board
- MassMutual Advisors Association
Outside of work, Vicky is a proud mother to her two sons and grandmother to her two granddaughters. She is a Chicago native and currently resides in the south suburbs of Chicago. In her free time, Vicky enjoys music, dancing, cooking and attending live events. She also loves to stay active by walking with family and friends. She is a novice traveler but looks forward to exploring more of the world!
* The FIVE STAR Award is granted by Five Star Professional, an independent 3rd party marketing firm. This award is not indicative of future performance or success and stems from nominations by industry professionals in a given market area and based upon objective criteria including retention rates, client assets administered, firm review and favorable regulatory and complaint history.